Connect with us

News

Fire guts shops in Ilorin

Published

on

Property including food items and wines were destroyed in Ilorin in the early hours of Thursday when four containers were gutted by fire.

The incident occurred at Ebun-Oluwa Shopping Complex, along Tanke Pipeline Road in the Ilorin South Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the fire was noticed from one of the containers as a result of a suspected electrical spark.

One of the affected containers was a restaurant, two for selling food items while the fourth was used for selling various kinds of wines.

It took the personnel of the state Fire Service over an hour to put out the fire.

None of the owners of the four affected containers was able to salvage any belonging.

The state Director of Fire Service, Mr John Olumuyiwa, confirmed the incident to NAN, describing it as unfortunate.

He advised residents of the state to ensure that all electrical gadgets were switched off when not in use or there is no electricity to prevent fire outbreaks.

Fire guts shops in Ilorin

Click to comment
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
%d bloggers like this: